During the last couple of years, it has been a difficult time to get our teams together and socialise due to Covid. Although we’ve been keeping in contact with each other via emails and Zoom, nothing is quite the same as real life human interaction. When we got the opportunity to have our quarterly sales conference face to face, we jumped at the chance. It was even better to have our overseas teams come join us at our head office in Heathrow, Nina Bruce – Far East & Commercial Manager based in Holland, Jurgen Boettcher – Business Development Executive based in Austria, Sharon Hammond – Ireland Country Manager, and Jaime Salguero – Chief Commercial Officer based in Spain, alongside our UK based management team, Mark Andrew – CEO, Rachel O’Brien – CFO, Sarah Nash – UK Manager. It was great to catchup with everyone and discuss future business plans.
It is proven that employees who socialise more will lead to a better morality within the workplace, in turn resulting in better health for co-workers and a happy place to work.* At the forefront of AIA Cargo’s mind is the wellbeing of our employees, we take mental health and wellbeing very seriously, we have a number of Mental Health Champions within our management team ensuring colleagues feel they have someone to talk to if times are proving tough.
When socialising with colleagues, it’s good to discuss what each other has been doing at work which generates ideas on how things could be done better and more efficiently within different teams. We also like to discuss issues that people may have been experiencing, as it’s true what they say, ‘a problem shared is a problem halved’.
WORK FOR AIA CARGO
If you’re interested in working for an award winning and friendly cargo company, we currently have a job opening for an internal sales role, take a look at the job spec and if you think you’re the right candidate don’t hesitate to send your cover letter and CV to our UK Manager Sarah Nash, email@example.com.
Job Vacancy: Internal Sales Role
Internal sales role consists of completing all tasks assigned by the Manager, which may include conducting market research, identifying business opportunities, managing email campaigns, generating sales leads, making cold calls, participating in meetings, and assisting the Sales department wherever possible. You should be able to take instruction, but also work unsupervised when required.
To be successful in our internal sales role, you should be willing to learn as much about the company as possible and be able to spot opportunities that have been overlooked by others. Outstanding Sales Interns are problem solvers who know the value of building lasting, professional relationships with clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor and driving the sales email inbox.
- Covering the incoming sales phone line.
- Compile and analyse industry statistics and market share data provided by CASS.
- Providing support for the field sales team.
- Maintaining the customer distribution database.
- Distributing promotional and marketing information.
- Working closely with the Manager or assigned staff member and completing all allocated tasks.
- Conducting desktop research or gathering information through surveys or by speaking to clients and staff.
- Attending and participating in meetings, workshops, events, and exhibitions.
- Liaising with clients, vendors, and suppliers on behalf of the company’s managers.
- Updating documents and sales records.
- Observing and carrying out sales processes.
- Identifying potential weaknesses and offering improvement suggestions.
- Minimum 3 years‘ previous experience in the GSA or Airline industry.
- Good organisational and time-management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Initiative and flexibility.
- Experience in using computers and Windows-based applications, including MS Office.
- A satisfactory continuous employment history dating back 5 years.
- A satisfactory CRC background check.
- A full driving licence.
- Strong self-motivation.
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team.
- Proficiency in a foreign language would be advantageous.
- Ability to remain calm in fast-paced environments.
- A professional appearance.