Over the last few months, we have been organising a trip for a couple of our team members to fly out to our Austrian office in Vienna to spend time with the team and to hold a networking event for local agents.
Jaime Salguero, CCO, and Jess Thomas, Marketing Executive, made the trip out to Austria last week from Spain and the UK, it was a real multi-office trip and as a company, we are grateful that we are able to send employees on trips to countries that they might not have visited before.
Landing on Tuesday, the team from Austria welcomed Jaime and Jess to their office and had a great catchup discussing the networking event, the future, and how things are progressing since we opened our Vienna office in 2013.
We held the networking event on Wednesday 5th October for local agents to come and meet each other, have a bite to eat, and see what AIA has to offer them with what airlines we can provide and at great rates as well.
We felt the networking event went well and believe great relationships will be built between local agents and our Austrian team.
“It was great to have the opportunity to go to Austria and meet the team, both Jurgen and Claudia were extremely welcoming and there were many great ideas for the future. Not having been to Austria before it was a great experience to go into the city centre of Vienna and have a lovely meal with the team and get to know them personally. I look forward to helping the team be able to grow and to help with their marketing.” – Jess Thomas, Marketing Executive.
“Together with our local Vienna office and AIA marketing teams it was a pleasure to have the opportunity to share a beautiful day with our customers in Austria, discuss new business opportunities and find out interest in our AIA products and represented carriers in the country. We are now growing our operation in Austria with new staff aiming to launch new products and solutions in this very important market for us as a company “ – Jaime Salguero, CCO.
WORK FOR AIA CARGO AUSTRIA
We currently have a job opening in our Austria office for an operations and reservations role. If you think you’re a good fit for this role, don’t hesitate to apply by emailing your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position: Operations and Reservations
Salary: €33,600 per annum based on 14 months prior to taxes
Hours: 09:00-17:30 Mon-Fri (1 hour lunch break)
- Oversight and control of daily Ground Operations requirements related to Cargo operations, ensuring excellent operations delivery and on-time performance by providing leadership and operational direction where required.
- Develop professional relationships with internal and external parties to ensure effective cargo operations.
- Ensure the appropriate standards of safety and security are achieved in line with corporate requirements, government legislation and international best practice.
- Handle critical issues through liaison with station managers, airport authorities, and internal departments to effectively deal with situations.
- Maintain effective communication with all external and internal staff/clients connected to the cargo operation, including customer service teams, to ensure effective operational delivery.
- Target the reduction of cargo handling issues and their consequences.
- To carry out any other tasks deemed necessary and reasonable by the company.
- Ensure the accurate processing of freight documentation in accordance with all customer airlines operational procedures, Handling Briefs, and Service Level Agreements. Including special handling e.g HUM, DGR, VUN, VAL, and Radioactive Material.
- Ensure dangerous goods checks by our GHA’s are carried out correctly to adhere to IATA and carrier regulations.
- Monitor Transhipment Cargo deliveries by our GHA’s to onward carriers.
- Ensure all Regulatory Authority legislation is adhered to by our staff at all times.
- Ensure that all carrier-specific requirements are handled correctly in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
- To monitor GHA, security process, including x-ray processing and ETD requirements for airline products.
- Adopt a proactive work ethic planning ahead to anticipate and prevent handling issues.
- Handling reservations enquiries by phone and email.
- Understanding the client’s needs and ensuring the correct booking is selected in terms of transit time and price.
- Working to ensure that all enquiries are handled promptly and that all confirmations are set within ample time.
- Updating and maintaining the reservations systems, processing bookings and ensuring all contact information is correct.
- Show flexibility in approach.
- Have a clean driving license.
- Minimum 2 years experience in aviation.
- Be able to work on your own initiative.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English and German).
- Good organisational skills.
- An excellent and diverse field of activity.
- International working environment.
- Wide range of development and training opportunities.
- Benefits of working for a rapidly growing (financially settled) international company.